The US Department of Transportation (DOT) required assistance with planning, implementing, staffing, and operating Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS-JPO), ITS-JPO Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) to assist ITS-JPO in overseeing the cost, schedule, and performance of the entire research portfolio of ITS programs, projects, and major initiatives.
- Established an enterprise PMO, setting a framework for successfully managing cross-agency, multi-modal enterprise-wide programs, with supplemental program and project management efforts.
- Defined ITS program data collection and reporting processes to work with the ITS-CFO and strengthen the ITS-JPO financial management processes.
- Developed strategic planning process and guidelines; refined ITS mission, vision, goals & objectives; created program development strategic planning framework; and facilitated Strategic Planning Group charter development.
- Developed investment program proposal process, evaluation criteria and methodology, and associated material to support budget allocation.
Through the development and operation of an EPMO oversight structure for the ITS-JPO research portfolio, SiloSmashers maximizes return on government research investments while simultaneously supporting the DOT and Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) strategic goals.
Additional Client Benefits
- Defined, implemented, and institutionalized consistent program management methodology, best practices, and supporting tools and reuse across agency programs.
- Within 90 days of project initiation, resolved 56 program funding issues identified by an Inspector General audit, facilitating de-obligation of almost $12 Million.
- Reduced 1st quarter Financial Integrity, Review & Evaluation (FIRE) issues from 167 to 53.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a SharePoint enterprise-wide tracking system to capture program milestones, tasks, budget, invoice, financial, and contract de-obligation data.
For more information about our services capabilities, Please contact us