GSA Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technology (OCSIT) supports key federal programs including FedRAMP, data.gov and usa.gov – the federal governments flagship website. As well as long running programs, OCSIT also provides quick response implementations as requested by OMB. This requires both a well defined organization and a flexible, responsive technical architecture.
- SiloSmashers provided high-level consulting services to support the move to an agile cloud based environment. Provided cost justifications and operation and technical models to transform the organization to a cloud-ready group.
- Supported the requirement capture and alignment of traditional requirements for a cloud environment
- Provided support in the move to an ITIL based environment, including definition of a service catalog and other key components of IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Provided operational support to realign the OCSIT organization to work within a cloud environment
- Updated cost and performance tracking capabilities to support the alternative technical and contract demands required by cloud services
GSA-OCSIT was one of the first adopters of a Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud model to deliver services. This model resulted in significant reductions in complexity while increasing the flexibility to support both long term stable customers and short-term OMB requests. Allowed the redirection of resources away from commodity services to value added technical services such as development.
- Successfully transitioned from multi-vendor, complex environment to a single-vendor cloud environment
- Successfully implemented a new model to support technical operations under a cloud environment
- On-demand model and the general flexibility of the cloud and related professional services resulted in on-going incremental cost reductions.
- 12 out of the first 15 months realized cost reductions.
For more information about our services capabilities, Please contact us